Where to Get Help for Drinking Problems in NJ

There are many organizations which provide help to people who have a substance abuse problem. Many agencies and professional counselors will assist in screening to help determine whether some program is necessary and the type of program that would be most useful.

Alcoholics Anonymous, aka. AA, is commonly available throughout the state.

The State of New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission has information about Intoxicated Driving Resource Center (IDRC) a mandatory program designed for any person convicted of an alcohol related traffic offense.

There are also many in patient and out patient facilities that can provide help.

Posted in FAQ.